Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ebay seller...can't believe this!!!

  1. #1
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar
    My friend, (yes the same one with the Kirsten that had the silver eye) bought this doll from ebay:

    Well, upon recept this was the condition of the doll:
    1)Her hair had a baldish spot on top, and there was a row of hair cut right to the wig an inch and a half long on the side. It actually looked like someone had decided to thin down the bangs by closely cropping the hair on top and then cut it off of the front right next to the wig.

    2) there were a couple of inch and a half scratches on thr doll's right cheek/temple

    3) There was no lip color, I mean the was no lip line on the upper lip at all. There was a pinch pink glittery caking in the mouth - it looked like childtype lipstick. But she looked oddly lipless!

    4) There were crudely done peircing attempts on either ear.

    5) The hair was ratty. That could've been expected, and that was the least of all problems.

    Well the seller agreed to take it back. Then She sends this letter:

    "
    Hi, the doll arrived yesterday, but I'm at a bit of a loss at her condition. As I mentioned previously, I did not unbraid the doll's hair, but I did examine her closely when the listed was posted, and again before she was shipped. I cannot say if there were any uneven areas in the braided portions of her hair, but I find it hard to believe I would not have noticed if the area beside her face was chopped at the scalp as it was when she was returned.

    I tried to be as complete as possible in the description. Her lips and ears are exactly the same as when shipped by Pleasant Company in the 1990's. The American Girl of Today was a contemporary girl with pale lips as you see today. She was custom ordered with the color of hair, eyes, and complection of the customer's chosing. The ears originally appeared to be pierced, but she did not originally come with earrings and nothing has been done to modify her ears. As I mentioned in the listing, she originally was purchased for my daughter when she was young, and I considered her to be in excellent played with condition. I expected her to be purchased for another child, rather than an adult collector.

    I think you were expecting a different kind of doll than what she ever was. However, since you were unhappy with the doll, I was fully prepared to refund your money. I'm not a professional seller, but have been forced to downsize due to financial circumstances. I want to do the right thing, but unfortunately I feel she is not in the same condition as when she was shipped and I worry that her hair has been deliberately cut to justify a return. I left positive feedback before shipping, and feel that I've been left with a no win position under unexpected circumstances. You should receive your refund notification from PayPal shortly.
    "

    Can you believe this????????? I cannot belive she would accuse us of something like this! I mean, my god! And then she acts like the dumb buyer doesn't know anything about these dolls and destroys it convienantly for a refund! What a pyschobrat! I am glad that she cannot leave some sort of feedback accusations.
    She was going to be left positive feedback after the refund, but, that was before this.

    What do you guys think??

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 26, 2006 11:02 AM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am sorry for your friend's e-Bay troubles. I edited the post to delete the seller's name since bashing e-Bay sellers by name is against HB rules.
    Please remember this HB rule:
    "Do not mention specific sellers or bidders in any way except for praise. Do not use the board to accuse sellers of anything, because mistakes can be made and misunderstandings can take place. A bidder/seller's ebay feedback and rating should speak for iteself."

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 26, 2006 11:17 AM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think she is just as frustrated as you, and I don't think her email is rude at all, just explanatory and confused.

    I think you should leave her neutral feedback if you really don't want to leave positive, because she is granting a refund and communicating well- even if she isn't saying something you want to hear.

    I don't think she necessarily accused you of cutting the dolls hair, just that she doesn't understand why you would be unhappy with the doll and is concerned about the reason for return. Sellers on ebay get burned as much as buyers.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I would e-mail her back and confront her about the accusations in a polite manner ( you do want to be the bigger person here). Sorry this happened to you.

    Shanna

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Homemommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want to do the right thing, but unfortunately I feel she is not in the same condition as when she was shipped and I worry that her hair has been deliberately cut to justify a return.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh my goodness! That is crazy.

    I would leave neutral feedback once you have been given a refund.

    so sorry you guys are having such a rough ebay time.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Since she said she's sending a refund . . . I just wouldn't respond to the e-mail. You guys don't want her to get any more upset.

    On the other hand, there is no such thing as customizable AGs. The seller possibly doesn't know about AG and seems to be confusing these with My Twinns (though even they do not do pierced ears).

    Anyway, I'd just let it go and wait for the refund.

  7. #7
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Wow...that's too bad. I think that since she is giving your friend a refund, I would just let it go. It's hard to say if she is really dishonest, or just confused with the whole situation.

    I think I wouldn't leave her any feedback at all.

    I hope things go better for you and your friend! Perhaps your friend will opt to buy new dolls now. ebay can be risky.

  8. #8
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    I wasn't trying to bash the seller, I was just wanting to show the auction picture for visuals of the doll - sorry.

    My friend did send her a polite email - way more polite than I probably could have.

    I didn't think she was rude, and I know that sellers get burned, but I am sorry if you think it's ridiculous to be upset at such an accusation. Imagine how upset you would be if you had been accused of maiming the doll. If you read the email, she out right accused my friend of doing that to justify a refund.

    I don't know what my friend will do about the feedback. We normally don't slap out negative's to sellers, but my friend is talking nuetral.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, it's really sad that this happened, but I think you should be very glad that she is a fair enough seller to still give you a refund. Many sellers wouldn't at all and many would file a complaint with paypal. I understand your frustration about being accused of something you didn't do. That is an awful feeling. But it really sounds like the seller is honestly confused.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry about your friend's situation; I can relate completely. I went through almost the same thing a couple months ago. I bought AGOT #4 from a seller, and she came with horibbly chopped hair. I was SO disappointed. I emailed the seller about it, and she responded much in the same way, "oh that doll couldn't have had cut hair, my daughter never played with her!" I think she felt like I was attacking her personally, rather than just being the unhappy recipient of an item that had undisclosed flaws. So, I took pictures of the damage, and sent her back another email with the pics included, stating that I was sure it was just an oversight, and that I am a collector who knows about these dolls (she stated in the auction she didn't know anything about AG) and that I would not have bid so high had I known about the damage, and neither would have any other potential buyer. I looked at her feedback, and saw that she purchased a lot of porcelain dolls, so told her to put herself in my position, and how would she feel if she received something that had been misrepresented. In the end she gave me a refund, and she even gave $5 more than I asked for. We hadn't exchanged any feedback, so I never left any for her, since there was a chance that even if I gave her a positive, she could still leave me a negative. With your friend's situation, leaving a Negative or even a Neutral is tricky, because the seller could always leave a follow-up. Although with an attitude like hers, I think she deserves a Neg, and her potential customers deserve to see what kind of seller she really is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •